Tuesday 27 September 2016

Just like Scilly!

Today is one of those wet, breezy humid sort of autumn days that reminded me of a day on Scilly back in 1981 when I stayed in pretty much all day reading - it wasn't worth venturing out from the flat I'd rented. Checking, it seems to have been 17th October with just Wheatear recorded, I'm guessing that this was my most birdless day on the islands in about 34 autumn days on the islands over three visits.

A Grey Wagtail feeding under the picnic tables at QECP was the only wildlife today although I'm hoping for an overnight moth trap. Still possibility of a few new autumn species. Sadly, Sunday night's session at Sustainabilty was shelved with overnight rain forecast (and due arrival!) and next weekend's session scuppered by car being in for body work.