A brief visit to Cumberland House for the last moth morning of the season. Caught up with Kieran and Christine (who kindly offered me a tea/coffee), the two other guys - sorry forgot their names - and Hannah. A pretty thin catch with every thing potted incredibly fast and just Bordered Straw (below) of interest; a species I've never caught. Bycatch of Red-legged Shieldbugs, Oak Weevils and Harlequin Ladybirds.
Off with KM to Sustainability for lunch and a brief walk with possibly just a single Hummingbird Hawkmoth, a Painted Lady and a few Red Admirals.
Later, a Sparrowhawk was circling over the dental surgery as I arrived.
Thursday, after a coffee at SHP, just a couple of Clouded Yellows, Holly Blues a single Small Heath and some noisy young Buzzards.
The conservation path/s now have loose roaming cattle and hence cowpats everywhere. So, with no suitable footwear, I gave up that walk!
Will be interesting to hear Michael's walk-and-talk on Wednesday afternoon.
The barely transparent 'grey' childproof pots are rubbish for photography but I might consider some of the very small insect tubes they used for the weevils and micros etc.