Sunday 4 December 2016

Silly me - left too early.

After a rubbish week with little chance to get out it was an act of desperation to get over to Blashford, despite the swollen knee which made walking and driving distinctly uncomfortable. Luckily, today was a 'Pop-up Cafe' day so, after a brief stint in Ivy South with just 'Walter White' as bird interest, a nice coffee and cake whilst chatting to a couple from Chandler's Ford cheered things up. It was too uncomfortable to do much I else so I installed myself with tripod into the corner of Tern Hide. It was desperately quiet, although a very white-fronted Peregrine perched up on the grass for a while was nice; apparently earlier it was Coot hunting. No pipit spp at all today but probably in excess of forty Goosander by the time I left, single Sparrowhawk, a few Goldeneye and a confiding Green Sandpiper which I digiscoped and will add here soon.

The gull roost was well lit and contained 100+ Commons and a Med Gull.
Frankly, I was too cold and sore to sit there any longer and drove home; both Ring-billed Gulls were on GoingBirding as soon as I got in so presumably came in to roost as I was driving away!!