Thursday, 30 July 2026

Breakfast at SC

Having got in early for the alarm maintenance appointment, the battery message issue seemed to have gone away so I cancelled the call and headed to SC for coffee and the usual breakfast of Avocado, Scrambled Egg and baby tomatoes on sourdough. Yum!

The 'cafe garden' was busy with inverts, multiple V. zonaria, and other small hovers, multiple Phasia hemiptera , a Hummingbird Hawkmoth, various bumblebees and my first Stomorhina lunata of the year. Further around another HHM and plenty of Common Blues but sadly no Silver-washed Fritillaries.

The big patch of Buddleia had probably a dozen HHM and annoyingly several were very photogenic- sadly I'd only gone out with 8x30s and TG7. Definitely wished I'd had the G9i and Oly 90 macro. Still, next time maybe.

The very short informal worn path from carpark to the top meadow had a couple of nice Bee Wolfs which again posed well but no use to the TG7. I think they were a 'site tick'. 

Only birds were heard-only Firecrest, Marsh Tit, Bullfinch and Swallows.