Monday 5 February 2018

Unlike previous entry .. NOT too cold for Iceland





















Unlike the previous visit much less windy and actually rather warm in sheltered areas. This Goldcrest was very confiding coming to within a couple of feet whilst inspecting underside of leaves for insects.

Returning to Tern Hide and it was full. A guy let me have a peep through his ATX at the Ring-billed Gull and I then retreated to the less claustrophobic mound to scan the gull flock although it only took s few minute for this to fill up. I found a Bewick's coming in which was a nice Hants yeartick for me and I guess everyone else on site as there have been no others this winter - sad when you think for years there was a decent herd of them in the valley.

LGRE turned up and promptly found an Iceland Gull and there were about three each of Mediterranean/Yellow-legged. People drifted away, myself included; getting home it seems the Thayers flew in just minutes after leaving!!